thinline body design, extensive options
The most variable guitar made by Solstice, the Transit model has options that span an array of aesthetics & specs to bring you a uniquely traditional yet modern electric guitar, customized to your preferences. The body shape features ergonomic contouring at the heel, plus an arm bevel and back carve. The neck joint is a precisely aligned machine-bolt system with threaded brass inserts embedded into the neck itself. A modern 2-way adjustable truss rod is reinforced with twin graphite rods. The standard body design is "fully-semi-hollow" giving added resonance and an open voice. Available in four color options, Natural Light (pictured,) Lucent Blue, Lucent Red, and Night Glass black.
Scale Length: 25.25"
Body Wood: Swamp Ash
Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
Neck Finish: TruOil hand-buffed varnish
Hardware: Gotoh tuners & bridges
Case: Foam-core hardshell included
"The Transit was born from my search for the perfect T-style guitar. I designed it to be highly versatile, and completely variable. We have yet to explore all the available configurations. The options & choices are nearly endless." -R. Elewaut
See below for complete options & specifications
Specs & Options
- Nut Width: 1-5/8" or 1-11/16"
- Neck Wood: Maple or Oregon Hard Cypress
- Fingerboard: Ebony or Maple
- Neck Reinforcement: 2-way/double-action truss rod, twin graphite rods
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" or 12" (subtle compound)
- Inlay: 12-fret emblem with offset shell dots, standard side markers, upgraded pearl side markers, (other custom options available.)
- Nut Material: Bone, Graphite, or upgraded fossilized walrus ivory
- Neck Shape: Modern Slim or Vintage Thicky
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 Delta Series, nickel, black, upgrade to gold or locking with tremolo
- Body Wood: light weight swamp ash
- Body Configuration: standard soundhole fully chambered, chambered no hole, or solid body
- Colors: Natural Light, Lucent Red, Lucent Blue, Night Glass Black
- Pickguard: Black (bwb), Cream (wbw), Parchment (wbw)
- Saddles: KTS Titanium upgrades, or Gotoh standard plated brass
- Bridge: Gotoh Standard Humbucker T-Style bridge, Vintage Slim Style, Bigsby with Roller Bridge, or Modern Tremolo S-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan P-Rail with 3-way switching (cream or black)
- Neck Pickup: Duncan Phat Cat P-90, or Pro Shop "Five-Two" tele by Duncan
Production is limited. Check the build schedule below to reserve your model.
Transit Build ScheduleSTATUS KEY:
A = AVAILABLE, production started, options chosen, make a deposit to reserve!
R = RESERVED, in production, deposit paid, not available.
O = OPEN, unreserved production slot, all model options available.
|Expected Date||Serial No.||Description||Status|
|Oct. 2018||1180||Lucent Red, slim bridge, maple fingerboard & neck, 1-5/8" nut||A||RESERVE NOW!|
|Oct. 2018||1181||Lucent Blue, Bigsby, single P-Rail, Cypress neck||A||RESERVE NOW!|
|Nov. 2018||1188||Custom Deluxe Transit per Nico B.||R||Build Your Own|
|Jan. 2019||1189||all options available||O||Quote this Transit|
|March 2019||xxxx||all options available||O||Quote this Transit|
|June 2019||xxxx||all options available||O||Quote this Transit|
Design Your Own
Build Your Transit
All available options & upgrades are listed in the form to the right. Many options are included in the base price. Certain features and upgrades have additional charges where indicated.
Body Options: We also offer the Transit as a solid body or chambered without the sound hole.
Neck Choices: choose your nut width, neck profile, fingerboard radius, and wood preferences. Maple fingerboards get finished with a poly clear-coat to protect the playing surface.
Upgrade Options: enhance the tone and aesthetics of your Transit with these specific menu items.
Pickups Choices: stock pickups for the Transit are a Seymour Duncan P-Rail in the bridge position, and for the neck it's your choice of either a Phat Cat P-90 or a Five-Two for Tele, also by Duncan.