Serial No. 317
This is one of the original Transits made by Solstice. It still shows the sun-star inlay on the headstock. No. 317 features a natural nitrocellulose finish with a black T-style bridge housing the P-Rail humbucker made by S. Duncan. The unique bridge pickup by Duncan is stock for the Transit, configured with a 3-voice selector switch. It is paired with the Phat Cat neck pickup– a big sounding chrome P-90 also made by Duncan. This is a 7-voice configuration yielding distinct outputs from each selection. The circuit is completely passive with traditional switching.
The ash body is fully chambered per traditional Transit specs. The neck on this model is made of Oregon Cypress, and the fingerboard is ebony – giving it a more warm and rounded response without sacrificing definition – great for jazz and studio work or darker heavy sounds.. The superb Gotoh 510 keys are adorned with ebony buttons and a hand-carved bone nut is cut with a perfect action setup. We always level and re-dress frets after the guitar has been strung and settled for 30 days.
No. 317 Spec Details:
- Scale: 25.25″
- Nut Width: 1-11/16″ (bone)
- Nut Material: bone
- Neck: Oregon Cyrpress (Orford Cedar)
- Fingerboard: ebony
- Frets: medium 18% German silver
- Body: chambered American Ash
- Tuners: Gotoh Delta series 510 w/ ebony buttons
- Bridge: Gotoh anodized brass, T-H style
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/16″
- Bridge pickup: P-Rail w/ 3-voice switch
- Neck pickup: Phat Cat 9-90
- Body Finish: semi-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: oil-based varnish, hand-buffed
Visit the Transit page for a full list of examples and options available on custom builds. The production schedule is limited.