Complete Re-Fretting & Custom Setup
This is the next step beyond the Custom Pro Setup. This procedure includes everything in the Pro Setup plus our complete re-fretting process. Re-fretting a guitar is not only a delicate and nuanced process, partially tedious, it is not only about getting new frets installed. The actual purpose and primary goal of complete re-fretting is to re-surface and perfectly flatten the fingerboard plane, providing a new and level surface free of any discrepancies for the new frets to sit upon. This drastically increases playability and the possibility for perfect string action. During this process we correct the radius of the fingerboard and add a subtle compounding of the fretboard radius as it reaches the final frets.
Guitar necks are narrow pieces of wood under a substantial amount of force. While they may be reinforced with rods, wood will distort over time, especially under tension and stress. After removing the frets, we correct any irregularities in the surface of the fingerboard itself. We then make a new bone nut and adjust all action points, detailing your setup.
- Perfect Fretting Surface: We true up the fingerboard surface and add a very subtle compound to achieve perfect fretting action from the first fret to the last.
- Perfect Fret Seating & Leveling: after a perfect installation, we level, bevel & polished frets for better action, intonation, tone articulation, less fret noise, and smooth feeling neck edges.
- Intonation Corrections & Adjustments: fabrication of a new bone nut and saddle, customized and cut for intonation enhancements specific to your playing style and instrument. We even include saddle slot re-routing if necessary for better intonation placement at the bridge on acoustics.
- Perfect Action Setup for Your Playing Style: proper neck relief, action height, nut slot depths & spacing, and intonation sweetening for your individual playing style and preferences.
- Full Servicing & Buffing: fretboard conditioning, buffing, cleaning, gear adjustments, oiling & minor touch-ups. Your guitar will come back looking as beautiful as it plays.
Guitar setups from the factory are rushed and not completely detailed. Instruments also shift over time, especially when new. Our complete Re-Fret & Pro Setup includes a freshly surfaced fingerboard, new frets leveled and polished like diamonds, detailed adjustments to the entire instrument, including fabrication of new parts like bone or graphite nuts and saddles for intonation corrections and tone enhancement. We set the neck relief, dress your frets perfectly, give your baby complete maintenance, conditioning, and so much more.