This was a gorgeous, vintage 1965 Martin D12-35. I bought the guitar knowing it needed complete restoration treatment. It sold after the restoration was complete. The Brazilian Rosewood back and sides were beautiful. Below you can see the … [Read more...] about Restoring a Vintage Martin D12-35
You may be wondering, why so many clamps? I had to remove the back (which was already lifting in various places around the seam) on this Kamaka ukulele to replace a back-brace and reglue another brace on the underside of the top. This is a … [Read more...] about Glue that Back back on!
Here is a repair I did a few years ago, a report I'm re-posting for the new site here. I replaced the bridge foot on this Stiver mandolin after fabricating the new one from an ebony blank. The need for this repair was due to a typical northern … [Read more...] about Mandolin Acclimation
I'm going back through the old blog and re-posting some cool past projects. We're mostly just moving a bunch of the good content from our older blog up onto the new platform here. This post shows a couple pics from the worst headstock fracture I … [Read more...] about An Oldie but a Goodie